About Eat Local Grey Bruce
Eat Local Grey Bruce is a vibrant community of eaters, growers and makers of food, supporting each other in their commitment to local food production, ecological practices, healthy eating and meaningful employment.
Eat Local Grey Bruce is committed to connecting eaters with local growers and makers of food. It is a co-operative non-profit that empowers all its members to participate in an equitable and vibrant food culture by:
- Giving all members and employees a voice, prioritizing transparent communication
- Making sure food is grown and made fairly, with an emphasis on environmental stewardship
- Having healthy, local food accessible to all, working to break down barriers of cost, mobility, time, and skills
- And educating everyone on food-related issues so there is growing awareness and understanding on the part of all eaters, growers and makers of food.
- We uphold a holistic view of sustainability that considers all levels of the value chain within food production, warehouse distribution and packaging. We place the needs of the planet as a top priority. We seek to build a cooperative model that is financially & ethically sustainable.
- We prioritize local. We strive to support local farmers, producers, and manufactures within Grey, Bruce, and Simcoe Counties. We aim to serve our local communities of Grey, Bruce and Simcoe Counties.
- All of our cooperative members are valued and play an essential role in the health and mission of Eat Local Grey Bruce. We seek to represent the diversity of our membership, and reflect it within all aspects of Eat Local Grey Bruce.
- Grounded in community
- We are committed to honouring the needs of the communities we serve, and providing them with pathways to healthy, local foods. Community means that we are dedicated to our colleagues, our work, and our position within the organization while being motivated by the way those around us innovate and take initiative.
- Social Justice & Solidarity
- We strive to meet people and their communities where they are to provide support, knowledge, and resources that build their capacity for community engagement and justice. We participate in this difficult work because food is deeply tied to justice and liberation for all.
We value our member feedback and suggestions. Use the form below to send us a message or direct your comment to one of our staff.
Warehouse: 278 Cook St, Meaford, ON N4L 1H4
- 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Eat Local Grey Bruce
278 Cook St., Meaford, ON N4L 1H4