Our start-up was supported by a number of individuals and enterprises.
- Simon Farla provided design, marketing advice, and sweat equity because he believes in what we are doing.
- Fresh City Farms and On The Road Organics Co-op supported us with practical information and training;
- Pfenning’s Organic & More supported us with lots of advice and training;
- Eat Local Sudbury Co-op , West End Food Co-op and Ontario Natural Food Coop openly shared their policies, bylaws, and strategies. Hail to collaboration among co-ops! You have set a gold standard!
- The Ontario Co-operative Association and the Local Ontario Food Coop (LOFC) network has supported us through advice, contacts, and materials.
- Business Enterprise Centre – Owen Sound and Area has supported us with information.
And lots of community members have provided encouragement that was vital for the board and team. So far, all labor that went into Eat Local Grey Bruce relied on volunteerism and the hope to receive minimal compensation through member bonds.